Saturday, May 22, 2010

And So It Begins...

Change is inevitable, though I admit; I have never been particularly good at handling significant change in my life. The familiar is comforting, and the unknown usually stresses me out! So, these past few weeks have been a stressful whirlwind with finishing my semester at Evangel, driving home, unpacking, repacking, saying my goodbyes, and beginning my adventure. Now I sit in the lobby at Central Bible College preparing for the start of my in-state orientation tomorrow morning. Time Flies!

I started my journey at 4:30 A.M. preparing for my 6 A.M. flight, pit stop in Atlanta, and eventual arrival in Branson. I'll confess that I was a bit nervous on the way to the airport, but when I reached the desk to check my bags, I was greeted with a pleasant surprise. The employee working behind the counter inquired about my final destination, and when I told him that I was headed to Romania, he told me with a smile that Romania was his native country. He was so kind, and I was reminded once again that God cares about every detail of our lives. It really put me at ease! My flights were smooth and I arrived in Branson right on time, greeted by a familiar face, my wonderful former roommate/ chauffer for the day!

I have now met the 30 other students who will be traveling with me, and have shared some quality time with the girls on my team. Everyone is wonderful and my heart is filled with excitement for what’s in store. As we gathered in prayer tonight, I was reminded that each of us is embarking on our own adventure to which God has called us. It’s a big change, a step of faith, and an act of obedience to reach God’s beloved children in Europe. In his book, Wild Goose Chase, Mark Batterson writes:

Celtic Christians had a name for the Holy Spirit—An Geadh-Glas, or ‘The Wild Goose.’ The name hints at mystery. Much like a wild goose, the Spirit of God cannot be tracked or tamed. An element of danger and an air of unpredictability surround Him... A part of us feels like something is spiritually wrong with us when we experience circumstantial uncertainty. But circumstantial uncertainty also goes by another name: adventure.

This season of change, this step into the unknown and unfamiliar, this circumstantial uncertainty is my present adventure. I am walking in God’s will, chasing the Wild Goose, so why should I stress or worry? I think it’s about time for me to live out what God has called me to do; no reservations! Romania is on the horizon! And so it begins…

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you!!! I wholeheartedly support this adventure to which God has called you. I have to admit that the Romanian ticket agent was a powerful reminder to a stressed out mom as well. God has prepared your way, and will guide your path with the right people at just the right time. :) Your writing is absolutely beautiful too. Again....I am so proud!!!!!

    ReplyDelete