Monday, May 31, 2010

Time To GO!

With Chelsea in the Madrid Airport


Here I sit in the Madrid airport with Sarah, Chelsea, Ruthie, Rick, Jan, and Jonathon, awaiting our plane to Bucharest. We had quite an interesting start to our morning. The three alarms that we set to wake us up did not go off, so we had about 5 minutes to get dressed, finish packing, and walk out the door to catch our ride. I look a little rough right now, but am content to be safely here at the airport and ready to travel to the final destination. Though, our flight has been delayed a few hours due to an air traffic control strike in France. And we were worried about the volcanic ash…

I cannot begin to describe how much these past few days of orientation in Madrid have meant to me. Through all of our sessions, I gained so much knowledge; my eyes were truly opened to life as a missionary and the spiritual condition of Europe in general. All of the missionaries present, Paul Trementozzi, area director of Southern Europe, Joy West, Kendall Reavis, Gil Rodriguez, and Jamie Robinson were so kind and welcoming. They really took care of us, and I am so appreciative for their generosity toward us. I am also indebted to those who spoke to us in the different sessions. I am grateful for their transparency and willingness to be vulnerable so we could benefit from their testimonies. Even if this was the end of my trip, it would still be worth it for all of the knowledge and insight I have gained.

Though it’s hard to say goodbye to a beautiful city, the wonderful Dave Moore, and all of my fun new friends, I know that the time is right. Greater things are on the horizon. I had an incredible experience in Madrid, and I can look forward to my return, but Bucharest awaits. I was reading in John last night and came across this passage:
“Nazareth!” exclaimed Nathanael. “Can anything good come from Nazareth?” “Come and see for yourself,” Philip replied. As they approached, Jesus said, “Now here is a genuine son of Israel—a man of complete integrity.” “How do you know about me?” Nathanael asked. Jesus replied, “I could see you under the fig tree before Philip found you.” Then Nathanael exclaimed, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God—the King of Israel!” Jesus asked him, “Do you believe this just because I told you I had seen you under the fig tree? You will see greater things than this.” Then he said, “I tell you the truth, you will all see heaven open and the angels of God going up and down on the Son of Man, the one who is the stairway between heaven and earth.”

As I read this verse, I felt like the Lord was speaking to me about my experience and my own simple faith. I am so enamored and thrilled with my time in Spain for I have seen the Lord working and my cup has been filled to overflowing. How could it get any better than this? Just like Nathanael, I am amazed at the little that I have seen, but my God says there is more! I must believe in faith that greater things are yet to be seen. God’s spirit is not limited to Madrid, so why should I expect things to slow down now. This is just the beginning…

No comments:

Post a Comment