Saturday, May 22, 2010

Traveling

I am currently sitting in the Chicago airport, enjoying my last seven hours in the U.S. Our flight leaves at 10 P.M. this evening to take us to Madrid, Spain! It’s hard to believe, but the time is finally here! I am making final phone calls, watching American television shows on my laptop, and drinking my last Starbucks’ Skinny Vanilla Latte. Life as I know it is about to change drastically, well, at least for the next two months, and I’m ready for it!

I have really enjoyed these past few days of orientation in Springfield. It was strange to be in my familiar city, but not my home, Evangel University. I have really grown to love that place! Many of the students had never visited Springfield, so we hit all the major staples. Lamberts for dinner on Tuesday, Andy’s for frozen custard on Wednesday, and a complete tour of the Assemblies of God Headquarters Building. What else could you ask for?

Mixed in with all the fun outings were several meetings and sessions to learn more about Europe and tips for our trip. It was fascinating to gain knowledge about the culture and the people in preparation for our ministry. I know that a few tips can’t possibly prepare me for every situation I will face, but I do feel like the training has been very beneficial. Learning the facts has given me a better perspective and greater desire to see this nation impacted for the Kingdom of God. I look forward to learning more in our orientation time in Madrid.

As I look around the waiting area surrounding our gate, I can sense the anticipation. Though we are tired, there is a general excitement for the fact that tomorrow evening we will be in Madrid. I am amazed at the way each team is unified in goal and purpose. Ruthie, Chelsea, Sarah, and I share the same vision: to spread compassion to the people in Romania that we encounter and to train them how to reach others through Christian teaching. My prayer is that we continue to work together toward that vision in harmony and that we mesh with our missionaries as well. Please keep this in mind as you pray. We meet Rick and Jan on Wednesday. My next update will come to you from outside the United States!

Below is a picture of my team in front of the Romanian Flag at The Assemblies of God World Missions Office. From the Left, Chelsea, Ruthie, and Sarah…



No comments:

Post a Comment